Figuring out the right type of dental coverage for you is important, because it is coverage you need for your dental health. It’s a challenge to find the right type of plan that provides affordability and sufficient coverage. Evaluating low-cost dental plans before actually choosing one is vital. You need to look around to get a feel for what’s available, before you actually choose any particular plan.
If you’re looking at low-cost dental plans, you’ll be looking at either traditional insurance plans with limited coverage, or dental discount plans. These are your two top options to find the most value in dental coverage. You want to get the right type of dental plan to obtain the best value and the most coverage. Low cost dental insurance plans and discount dental plans operate differently, which is why you have to understand what they offer before making a choice.
- •Annual family premiums may be as high as $1,600 (that’s over $130 per month)
- •Annual deductibles as high as $150
- •Co-insurance payments as high as 50% of the dentist’s charges (you are paying this cost with no reimbursement)
- •Annual maximum benefit of $1,000 per insured (when you really need coverage for high cost major care-this stops paying)
Now here is the secret that dental insurance companies do not want you to know.
Many individuals realize that they are better off putting the dental insurance premium dollars into a savings account and asking their dentist for a cash discount. Pay for your dental needs when and if you need work done and you will likely have savings at the end of the year still in your account. Most will have a considerable amount in savings after a five year period because they do not get a great deal of dental work done.
What does make good financial sense when selecting an individual dental and vision plan?
In our opinion, QCD of America Individual Dental and Vision plan, makes good financial sense.
Let’s look at an example and the math makes this point clear.
- •Annual QCD Individual Dental and Vision Plan Membership for a family is only $206 if you enroll online (Less than $20 per month)
- •You have realized large annual savings in premiums when compared to dental insurance that will pay for a great deal of dental work!
- •No deductible to pay and no annual maximum of coverage. You get first dollar coverage from day one and it is there when you need the major work done.
- •You pay for all services according to a reduced schedule saving approximately 20-50% at time of service.
- •Orthodontics (braces) are included for adults and children.
- •Discount vision benefit included at no additional cost.
Our philosophy is simple and transparent:
- •The QCD Individual Plan member pays a low monthly cost.
- •The member pays for services when and if they are needed and saves approximately 20-50% at time of service with no maximums.
- •The QCD Individual Plan is simple and makes good financial sense for the member.
if you have questions or need our assistance in your evaluation, please contact us at:
QCD Individual Plan Department
972.726.0444 or 1.800.229.0304
or e-mail us at Individual Enrollment